In accordance with Sections 13 and 122 of Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, Il Museo Nazionale del Cinema informs that there are two types of cookies on its website:
• Session cookies;
• Persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Session Cookies. The use of the so-called session cookies (which are not stored permanently on the user’s computer and disappear when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session IDs (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to enable safe and efficient surfing.
Google Analytics Cookies. This website uses Google Analytics for statistical purposes only. The cookies in question collect data exclusively in aggregated form in order to monitor and analyse accesses to all areas of the website. The data generated by the cookie on the use of this website shall be communicated to Google Inc. and reference is expressly made to its website http://www.google.com/intl/it_it/analytics/learn/privacy.html for more details and to disable their saving on the user’s terminal since their use for surfing purposes is absolutely optional.
Below are the details (type of extension, retention times) of these cookies with the relevant links to the information notice provided directly by Google:
|Google (Analytics)||__ga||2 years||Information Notice by Google||It allows Google to track single users through a randomly generated client identifier.|
|Google (Analytics)||__gat||10 minutes||Information Notice by Google||This cookie is used to anonymously track visitor behaviour on the website.|
It is also possible to prevent the use of personal data by Google Analytics by installing the following browser plugin: Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Note: the National Cinema Museum has taken all actions helpful to hide the IP addresses of those who visit its website and does not allow the third party Google Inc. to cross the information with other data it has already collected.
Most currently used browsers automatically accept cookies, but Users can set their browser so as to exclude, view before accepting, and erase cookies. Moreover, it will be possible to request that cookies be disabled at any time, by changing the browser settings, but this may involve a slowing down or prevent access to certain areas of the Website.
To facilitate one’s browser setting, we recap below the steps to be taken with the most common browsers:
1. Click the Chrome Menu icon.
2. Click Settings.
3. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
4. In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
5. Click Block sites from setting any data.
6. Click Done.
1. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
2. Click the Privacy tab and, in Settings, move the pointer up to block all cookies, or down to allow them all, and then click OK.
1. Click the menu button and select Options.
2. Click the Privacy tab.
3. To disable cookies remove the tick sign from the item “Accept cookies from sites”.
1. Preferences > Advanced > Cookies.
2. Never accept cookies.
1. Click “Safari” from the menu bar.
2. Click “Preferences”.
3. Click the “Privacy” tab in the preferences box.
4. Click the “Never” radio button in the “Block cookies” section.
If your browser is not included among those listed above, click the “Help” function in your browser to find information on how to proceed. More information is available at the following link: AllAboutCookies.org